Sunday 25 January 2015

I've Got Lipstick On My Mind

Is it obvious yet? 

Hi I'm Carlie and I'm addicted to lipsticks! 

So as you can imagine when I heard there was a monthly subscription called 'Lip Monthly' that will send you 3/4 lip products, that I had to try it out!  http://www.lipmonthly.com this is $10 a month which works about with shipping about £12 to the UK but I think now they have an offer for half price on your first bag.



This was the December bag. You receive a cute little makeup bag like this every time and the products are full size from different American brands I think. I love this idea, and because it's so cheap if I don't like them all I just think oh well at least I've tried that brand now. When you get the bag you receive a card that will tell you a little bit about the product and how much they are, this months bag was worth $40 if I remember correctly.

1. L.AGirl semi-permanent LipLiner in Wine - I love this colour I have a few lipsticks similar so this was perfect for me. It's a auto liner so no pencil sharpeners. The liner itself it really pigmented and creamy and doesn't dry you lips out at all. I've wore this a few times as it matches perfectly with Mac Sin which was in my autumn favourites. 
I've heard a lot about this brand so I will defiantly be looking to try out some more of there products

2.  Magnolia Matte Lip Colour, Matador - This was the most expensive product in the bag I think it said $18, I went and had a look at the website and it looks like this is a new company. The lip colour looks like it would be a lipgloss but it goes on more like a lip stain, it looks like it would be very dark but it goes on lighter however it is very build able so you could have it darker. I actually like just the one coat and I think that will probably wear it like that. I would defiantly try some more of these products although I think for what it is it is possibly abit pricey as I don't think there's any difference between that and the boujour lip stains which are only £7 and the colours are actually more pigmented on them.

3.Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss, Nude Tough - I was really happy when I got this brand because I have watched a lot of YouTube videos where there use things from this brand, from what a gather they are a drugstore brand in America so there items are pretty cheap. Firstly I am not a lipgloss person and never have been so I didn't have high hopes for this anyways. The colour is a very light nude which I like however my liking of this product stops here. The constancy is very sticky, it is very glittery and reminds me of something a 7 year old little girl would wear to a school disco. But like I said I was never going to like it because it's a lipgloss.
I have however ordered a few items from Milani because I do want the try this brand out so I will be posting something about the brand when it arrives.

4. NYC Mocha - LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour, if I had got this before I defiantly would have put this in my autumn favourites! The lipstick itself is a really creamy lipstick which is perfect for this cold weather as it doesn't dry your lips out, the colour is really pigmented and for me this is a perfect day lipstick so it has been in my handbag ever since my bag arrived.
I think NYC might be a sneaky company that I've never realised how good some of there products are so I'm differently going to have a look at some more of the products as the super drugs near me sell it.

I think for the next couple of months I will be putting what I get in my bag up every time I get a new one because I really like the idea of this subscription. I've also subscribed to a few different ones so I will be reviewing them once they have arrived.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment