Friday 23 January 2015

I Just Can Not Live Without You!


Everyday I wake up and at some point and will put on my makeup, whether that be my full makeup routine or just enough to cover the huge circles under my eyes. Don't get me wrong I will quite happily leave the house and pop to the shop with no makeup on, I just personally enjoy doing my makeup.


Everyone has there favourite products, mine come from a few years of trying different brand and reading blogs to get inspiration of what other people have tried. 


These are my favourite beauty products that now I just can't imagine my life without, I thought it would have been more difficult to choose my favourite but when I was looking for certain items I realised that they were either in my bag or in front of my mirror which I think is a good sign that these are my most used products.




As you can see these are well used products, next time I'll have to remember to give them a wipe down.

Right well let's begin!


1. NYC Smooth Skin Face Powder - I think I stumbled upon this one day on Pinterest and thought it looked interesting, for some reason up until that point I had never found a nice powder it tended to be I would just buy a new one every time I needed one because I thought they were basically just all the same until I found this! First I'll start with the bad points, it's a loose powder, there's just something about loose powders that no matter how hard you try it will get everywhere! But part from that it's perfect, firstly it's translucent so it does matter if I'm 'tanned' you just need that one pot. It lasts forever even with the spillage's I've had that pot for about 5/6 months and it maybe just over half empty. It makes your skins have this flawless appearances that doesn't look powdery and it really sets your makeup so you have to sliding throughout the day. I think it's only £2.95 I might be wrong but if so it's not much more, I got mine from Superdrug and that's the only shop I've seen sell this brand but you can also order it online.


2. Mac Sheertone Blusher in Springsheen - Firstly I will say that must of my blushes are Mac, the consistency, blend ability and colour pigment are by far the best I have come across as of yet! This is a light peaches/pink blush, for me this is my go to one when I'm just doing my everyday makeup it's the perfect colour! It has a slight shimmer to it which stops it from looking to flat. This is £18 although it is a little pricey because the colour pigment is so good it will last you a lot longer, I've had this one for a good few months and it isn't showing much sign of wear so far.


3.Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation - This for me is the holy grail of foundations, thank you Rimmel! Before this came out I don't think I had found one particular type or brand that I used all the time, I swapped a lot between Mac Pro Longwear, Estée Lauder double wear and a few high street brands but then this came along! Even after using this for over a year occasionally I'll forgot how much I love it and buy something else and I straight away think 'what are you doing'  as soon as I put it in. This for me is very similar it Estée Lauder double wear without the hefty price tag! It's a thick foundation with good coverage but doesn't leave your face looking or feeling heavy. I like to get it is a few different colours so depending how pale I am I will always have one to match. I think this is about £9 to buy regularly but most of the time the is always some kind of offer on so that's when I stock up. The Asda near me stocks it and quite often has this on offer for £5 so keep an eye out! 


4. Mac Liquidlast Liner - 'A rich colour liquid eye liner that combines long-lasting wear with a non-smudge, non-flake precision line. Goes on effortlessly. Applies with its own brush to draw a perfectly defined line!' I couldn't have said it better myself thanks Mac. This is the perfect eye liner it will not move all day! I regular work 12 hours and when I get home I will have barely have any makeup on apart my eyeliner and it will have not smudged even the tiniest amount! This is £15.50 but it worth every penny when you no longer resemble a baby panda!


5. Beauty Blender - I think this is a Real Techniques one but I'm not 100% sure, you can get them in a few different brands but from the ones I've tried they are all basically the same! This will give you the most flawless finish, something that not even the best buffer brush could do! The trick is, is to wet it!! Wet it, let the sponge absorb the water, squeeze all the water out and it should have doubled in size then I just put my foundation straight onto my skin in little dots and then dab it in the the sponge! Once you've done this and then go back to a brush you will notice the difference, granted I do get annoyed every morning when I sit down in front of my mirror put my primer on and then remember I have to get up to wet my sponge but it is totally worth it! 


6. Mac LipLiner in Soar - This is my current go to colour whether I'm just wearing it all over my lips alone or putting lipstick on top I always have this in my bag. Recently I have mostly just been using this as my all over colour and then putting lip balm onto because the weather is so cold my lips have been really sore and dry and I think this gives me the best of both worlds. This is a mauve/ pink colour, I think I mentioned it in my autumn favourites but I can imagine this being one of my all year round favourites now! This retails for £12.50


7. Urban Decay Perversion - My friend got me this for my birthday in November, before that I didn't really have anything from Urban Decay every time I looked at it I always thought it was just very out there colours which isn't something I'm interested in so I never looked properly, however now I have this is probably the best mascara I have ever used! I often just put mascara on during the day so I like my lashes to be quite thick and this does it in one coat. A friend of mine also told me that you can get the white to put in first which she said makes it even better so I'm going to get that and try it out! 


8. Chanel Base Lumere - This is the most expensive product at £36 but it's worth every penny! It's a moisturiser and primer together, it leaves your skin feeling so smooth and in my eyes is the perfect base. It last for month as well that bottle I've had for about 3 months and isn't even half gone yet, when before I was using the Smashbox photo finish and that wouldn't even last a month if I used it everyday.


9. Smashbox Soft Lights Poudre Eclatante - Basically this is a powder highlight! I like quite a dewy look to my makeup so I use highlight quite a lot and this is the perfect day one! It isn't to shimmer to where it looks like your going to the club which I think a lot of them can be it just gives you that perfect light reflection that you want during the day. I think this was about £18 but again this will last you months because you use such a small amount of it!


10. Barry M Shape & Define - This little kit is £5.99 and is everything you need for perfect brows. You get little tweezers, a double ended brush, a creamy dark brown, a powder brown and a powder cream. I'm not sure if they do this in different colour because I've had this a while but I think you do a light and a dark option. For me this is everything you need, brows have become a massive thing over the past couple of years and out of everything I've tried this works best for me!



C


1 comment:

  1. love it! i need to get one of those beauty blenders!

    ReplyDelete