Tuesday 18 November 2014

KIKO

So this post is going to be on a new brand I have just discovered called KIKO. First let me explain how I came across them. Summer last year I bought what I can only describe as the nicest high lighter ever to cross my eyes, it was limited edition from Estée Lauder called 'Heat Wave' I am told this is very similar to Macs 'Whisper Of Gilt'. So a couple of weeks ago I was looking on eBay as it was limited edition and can't be bought now to see if I could get a new one, now I expected it to be pricey but some were going for over £100 more then double what I had paid so that wasn't a option. So I just looking around the internet for it and came across a page that was saying KIKO had a eyeshadow that was very similar so I thought I would go and have a look.

Now I often online shop however I don't think I've ever bought any makeup online, unless I no specifically what I am looking for, I think I feel strange about not being able to test it out but as far as I'm aware KIKO don't have shops over the the UK so I had no choice.
So when I looked first I think I was just happy that they shipped over to here but then I noticed you had to send over £25 the eyeshadow was about £8 anyways so I thought it that's probably only a lipstick and something small, so I started to look around the site.
First I went to the lipsticks, they are put into collection and finishes which I found very easy as I prefer a matte finish so naturally I went straight to them, they don't have just a matte collection it is called a velvet matte which I expect to find to be a similar finish to the satin collection by Mac. I don't mind this as I find the colour is still just as pigmented as full matte collections but they are less drying on the lips so I had no problem ordering these. I order two a red and a purple both were around £5 and then I though I would have a look for a matching lip liner. They had a few different ones but I just chose the plan pencils ones as I prefer this style. I ordered 4 of these and these were about £2 each bargains I say.

So as the shipping was international, delivery was 5-7 days. So my products arrived this morning which is day 6 so in the delivery time which I always a plus for me.





So this is the eyeshadow it is from there water eyeshadow collection and is called 'light gold'. Firstly I will say this is not an exact dupe for either 'heat wave' or 'whisper of gilt' however it will probably the closest thing you will get to them now as both products were limited edition. This colour is fantastic, it is really pigmented and really blend able. My only bad point is that it is small but then again it is a eye shadow and I'm using it was a high lighter so of course I will think that. I will defiantly be ordering a few more of these this is possibly one of the best finds I've found this year, this get 10/10 from me.






So here are the other lipsticks and lip liners I got. Firstly I have added in a picture of the lip stick packaging because I think this is wonderful especially for a lipstick they cost £5, it remind of of the Chanel Allure collection as they are similar.
So I ordered to lipstick 'dark mauve' and 'cherry red' I expected the the cherry red to be a bit brighter then what it came however I think I like the colour that it has came as even more, it is more of a autumn vampy red and the mauve is probably slightly more purple then the picture however I still love that one as well, the consistency and pigment are just probably better then what I expected with them being so cheap. As you can see from the picture the colour is strong and the consistency is creamy the only think I don't like is that is makes your lips feel slightly sticky.
The lip liners are fabulous for £2 they are really strong in colour and I think I am going to make a order with loads more on.
Overall I think the products I have tried are great value for money and are a perfect way to build up your collection if you are on a budget. I would give the brand a solid 7/10 which is probably the same as I would give revlon which is another brand I am really liking at the minute, so to me that is a good score. I would defiantly recommend people to give them a try.
Lastly I would like to apologise for the bad quite of my pictures I took them on my iPad next time I will try and take better quality ones.

C


No comments:

Post a Comment