Saturday 15 November 2014

My Favourite Autumn Lip

So, Throughout summer I was all about the orange/red lip but as you can imagine after months of wearing the same couple of lips sticks I was glad to go and have a look for at the new autumn colours.

I feel at this point I should mention  about the collection I was most excited to see, this was bough out by loreal. There new collection are nude and red lipsticks designed by actress's, the idea is that each women is a different skin colour so there should be a colour for everyone. Firstly I was admit that all colour were fabulous and I think you would struggle not to find a shade that didn't suit you, however when I tried them I didn't think that the pigment was that great, now that may be because I like a more matte lipstick because I think the colour no matter what brand are always the best and these were a very creamy consistence and had a very high shine. Now I am in no way saying that this is not a good collection but personally I will not be rushing out to buy one.
Anyway over the last few weeks I have been buying a few different colours for autumn/winter and these are my favourite.



This is by Loreal color riches collection in crustal cappuccino, first I will say the picture doesn't show it but this is a shimmer lipstick so it is defiantly more of a going out one. This colour is a dark brown/gold it is a perfect colour autumn, loreal describes this as a 'rich formula that leaves your lips feeling moisturised.' I would agree completely with this the colour is very pigmented and creamy, this is perfect for when the weather change as it will help prevent your lips from going dry.




Now this is one of my favourite it's is by Mac Matte collection and it's called sin next to it is the lip liner that I wear with is which is again Mac and that's called burgundy. I'm 100% in love with this colour, it is a very dark campy red. I have paired it with the matching lip liner as I just think in general dark colours tend to bleed. Actually both lip liners I am writing about here will go with this colour it just depends on how dark you would want to go. My only negative comment about this is it is from the matte collection so it can make your lips very dry, you would defiantly have to prime them before. I prefer matte lipsticks anyways so this wasn't much of an issue but when I did wear it I found that after a few applications the build up was giving my lips that horrible cracks look so I had to wipe it over and totally reapply it. Regardless of this the pigment to so strong and I haven't seen a colour like this anywhere else. I have a feeling this one will be my favourite for a while now.




Next up we have one from collection 2000 I think this one is a limited edition collection called Gothic and the name is Glam. This is the cheapest out of the 4 I think this was about £4, when you look at the colour in the tube it looks a lot darker the what it goes on however the pigment in this one is still good. This is creamy moisturising  lipstick which again is good in this weather to stop your lips from drying out. I pair this one with a lip liner from Mac called sin, I find putting the lip liner all over the lips and teaming it with the lipstick gives the colour more staying power. I actually liked this colour so much i ended up buying two of the same with realising. This lipstick is great value for someone who is wanting to get a dark vampy lip without paying loads. I believe you can get lip liners in the gothic collection however I already had my two mac ones from when I bought Sin.



So this last one is about Mac one it's is from the Satin collection and is called Rebel. This is a similar   consistency to the collection 2000 one above however I think this one is slightly more pigmented and comes of more matte on the lips, even tho it is very creamy so is not drying at all on the lips.
I have had this one for a couple of months, I think I may have wore it on a few nights out during the summer although now I feel it could be a anytime lipsticks if the vampy look is what you are going for. This colour is actually slightly litter the what the picture so, I guess if I'm going to be doing this I should probably invest in a better camera!!


So that is my four favourite colours for autumn, I have to just mention one more which I think is the perfect day time autumn lip however I actually haven't got my hands on it as it is currently sold out but I am informed that they should be getting it back in stock in the next few weeks. So this perfect lipstick is from Mac and it's another one from the matte collection Velvet Teddybear, this is the 
perfect nude/brown lipstick especially when teamed with the lip liner whirl. I believe this is actually the one that Kylie  Jenner wears in the pictures that sparked all the lip filler rumours however when I get my hand on this I will not be over drawing my lips like she does! 

Please let me know if you have tried any of these or if you have a one that you think I should no about, as I'm always wanting to find new products and hear people's thoughts on the things that I love.

I have recent just subscribed to a few monthly makeup sites which you get different products every month some full size and some trials sized products so I will be doing a review on these once they have arrived.

C










No comments:

Post a Comment