Thursday 29 January 2015

Let's Not Smash The Box Just Yet!

I'm having a snow day today, we are going to stay in our pjs for as long as possible, whilst snuggled underneath the blanket trying to forget how cold it is outside. I shall be drinking coffee, online shopping and writing this blog! After working all weekend, not having to get up early and get ready is lovely.

So today I will be reviewing a couple of new items I have just got from SmashBox and you'll be surprised there's  not even a hint of a lipstick in there, I must have been having a off day when I ordered them ha! Infact it was because I have been to the SmashBox counter a few times and I'm never really that impressed with the lipsticks, they are about the same price as Mac so I just think I prefer them.

So here are my new goodies! 


Yes they are all eye products, this is kind of new for me because although I do have some eye products it's not really something that I'm to bothered about and so I just have a few shades I wear all the time. Even these aren't anything outrageous, just my normal colour palette that I stick it, it's funny because when I was younger I was obsessed by BarryM dazzle dust, I used to have them in every colour and used to wear rainbow eyeshadow, oh how I thought I looked so cool but I was probably about 16 and soon grew out of it, thank god!!

The first one I got and the reason why I placed my order was for Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in brown, this I will be using on my eyebrows kind of like Anastasia DipBrow. I had switched this in the shop before so I knew it was the perfect consistency , I have been wanting to get the DipBrow for months now but they have a min spend and with the shipping fee I had just never got round to it so when I found this I thought it would be perfect to try as something similar. I loved it, be warned tho you have to have a very light hand, it took me a fee goes to get used to it but once I had I was in love and it's waterproof, perfect no one wanted to be caught in the rain and there brows end up halfway down there face. I would defiantly recommend this for anyone who was wanting to try the DipBrow but didn't want to pay the shipping fee.
Next I got a Eyeshadow Trio in twilight theses are everything that you need to get a smokey eye look, the colour a super pigmented and really blendable, I got these because the colours that I normally wear are more taupe/brown/grey so I never really wear a proper smokey eye. SmashBox have some lovely trios but for me this one will be enough, I will only use it when I'm going out so this will literally last me years. 
The last two products are the Cream Eye Liner in Lava and Midnigt Brown. These I will use a lot as I normally just wear eyeliner and mascara on a day to day bases. Lava is a dark grey and mignight brown is a dark brown, I find for during the day these kind of colours look less harsh then a solid black. The eyeliner is really creamy and easy to apply they could easily be smudged out if you didn't want a solid line.
I am really happy with all these products but I had tested them on different occasion at the counter before I ordered them so I knew the consistency was good already. I'm really loving SmashBox products recently but then again they are a brand of Estée launder so I wouldn't expect anything less then great products. I'm also going to order the pore minimiser primer as I got a tester and wow it makes your skin look amazing so I will review that once it arrives and I've worn it a few times.


C  

2 comments:

  1. I just recently bought the eye shadow trio, i love it! btw you're nominated in my liebster award post!! - http://beauty-ghoul.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/liebster-award.html#more

    Beauty Ghoul // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea using the eyeliner for brows... i love that look of that trio too <£ xxx

    KirstyLeigh // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete